Water by Design, a program that enables individuals and organizations achieve sustainable urban water management, is currently seeking a water sensitive urban design specialist that can play a key role in advancing sustainable urban water management. This position will suit an emerging leader in the field of water sensitive urban design who is able to listen to and understand the needs of government and industry while at the same time help develop and maintain a suite of industry guidelines and other capacity building resources. The position’s salary will range from $82,000 – $92,000 plus superannuation. For more information click HERE.
According to the job posting, the right candidate must see water sensitive urban design as an interdisciplinary activity requiring careful attention to detail at many stages of project delivery in order to achieve effective on-ground outcomes. Additional responsibilities include:
– Supporting the adoption of water sensitive urban design through developing, updating and maintaining a suite of best-practice guidelines on water sensitive urban design, and actively supporting their adoption by government and industry.
– Maintaining an online discussion forum and case study register.
Building on knowledge and understanding of urban water issues by undertaking and/or coordinating investigations and research as required.
– Providing value to the program’s investors by managing the delivery of high quality projects (including managing consultants and other service providers such as peer review teams, editors, graphic designers etc).
– Developing and maintaining effective relationships with a range of stakeholders—from local government, state government agencies, research organisations, and private practice—in order to understand their specific capacity building needs and to remain abreast of best-practice and emerging ‘next-practice’ in water management and urban design.
– Communicating program activities in clear and succinct written reports for executive briefings and investing organisations, and representing the program in a range of meetings, forums and events.
– Supporting colleagues with the day to day operation of the Healthy Waterways office, including administrative tasks, consistent with being part of a collaborative team environment.
– For a full position description and details of how to apply please click HERE
– Please note that applications will close 5pm on Tuesday 2nd August.
Water by Design was the winner of the 2011 Australian Water Association Program Innovation Award and its a program of Healthy Waterways. For more information on Healthy Waterways and its programs visit www.healthywaterways.org